Fat Burning Cabbage Soup
- 1 head of chopped cabbage, your choice of color (purple makes a beautiful soup)
- 1 onion, your choice, I like sweet yellow onions
- Minced or fresh garlic, your preference of how strong you want the garlic flavor.
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes, you can add more or use whole stewed tomatoes (I also add 1/2 can Rotel for a little kick)
- About 2 cups of vegetable broth, you may need to add more as it cooks down
- Seasonings of your choice to taste. I use ground thyme, ginger, turmeric, black pepper and salt.
- I sometimes add fresh carrots if I have any on hand.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for at least an hour.