This is yummy and satisfying! I kind of used bits and pieces of other recipes and created my own version.
- 1 diced onion, or frozen diced onion
- 1 package extra firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix (I make my own blend in batches using cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder and smoked paprika)
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 can Rotel
- 1/2 cup picante sauce or salsa
- 1 package vegan cheese shreds
- 1 package corn tortillas
- 1 small can black olive slices (optional)
- 1 diced tomato (optional)
Cook the onion in a small amount of veggie broth or water until translucent. Crumble the tofu into the skillet and stir over medium high heat, adding the taco seasoning. Once the onions and tofu reach the desired doneness, add the beans, corn, salsa, a quarter of the cheese and 1/3 of the tortillas cut into 1 inch squares. Continue cooking over low heat until well combined. Line the bottom of a baking dish with cut up tortillas. Spoon the mixture from the skillet into the baking dish. Top with the remaining tortilla pieces and the rest of the cheese. Cover with foil and bake in a 350 preheated oven for about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly and top with olives and diced tomato. You could also add guacamole and other toppings of your choice. Enjoy!